FAQs

Since each piece is made-to-order, we kindly ask that you allow 2-3 business days (excluding weekends) before we ship your order. Once the order is packed and ready to ship, our system will automatically send you an email with carrier and tracking number details. Please utilize this information to track the order yourself.

We offer FREE shipping, which takes 3 to 5 business days worldwide. Shipments and deliveries occur only on business days. Please note, all international packages may be subject to duties and taxes, these charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.

Yes of course! You can let us know what you want to be written in the gift card at the "Add Order Note" box in shopping cart.

We take exceptional care in packing your order. Each piece is individually placed in a wooden jewelry box, and then secured within the package to minimize movement.

To find your ring size at home, see our helpful guide and size chart here >>>

Anyway remember, the best and the most accurate way to size your finger is to stop by a local jewelry store.

We'd be happy to resize any ring you purchase from us for free for 1 time. Send an email to info@jewelsformen.com with the subject "Resizing Request - Order #xxxx".

We offer three different metals to choose from; what metal is best for you and your piece is entirely up to you.

Sterling Silver
Sterling silver consists of 92.5% pure silver (hence why sterling silver is sometimes referred to as “925 silver”) and is considered a precious metal. The other 7.5% of the alloy is usually copper, which strengthens the silver without compromising its appearance.

Solid Gold
Since gold is a softer metal, it is often mixed into an alloy with other metals like silver and copper to add strength. In order to be considered solid gold, it must be at least 10 karats. 

Silver Gilt
This refers to high quality sterling silver that is plated with a layer of 18-karat gold on top.

This discoloration is not caused by the pieces themselves, but by a few common external factors - it can even happen with solid gold pieces.

Here are three common ways gold can discolor skin:

Metallic abrasion
This can occur when makeup or other cosmetics come in contact with your piece. Since gold is a soft metal, makeup can contain compounds that are harder than gold, causing super tiny particles to rub off over time. When this particle dust comes in contact with an absorbent surface (such as your skin), it can stick and form a black or green smudge.

Corrosion of metals
Even 14k solid gold contains other, non-gold alloys in it. Sweat and other natural oils from your body can cause corrosion of these non-gold metals, leaving a dark chemical compound behind which can stain your skin. This reaction can be worsened in semi-tropical locations and near the ocean where salt is in the air.

Chlorine
Chlorine from pools and hot tubs can eat away at gold and other metals to cause corrosion, leaving behind black or green smudges on the skin.

It is possible however this is very rare and is usually caused by a chemical reaction between your skin and the metal. Copper being the number one culprit as it reacts with the pH levels on your skin and causes the green color where your skin and the metal meet.

Remember: A green color does not always indicate a cheap metal; it simply indicates a chemical reaction!

Any side effect caused by the natural properties found in our jewelry is unavoidable and not valid for a refund.

Despite its durability and quality, if exposed, certain elements can sneak in and cause tarnishing with your gold-plated jewelry.

Sweat, chlorine, and sunscreen are the major culprits that lead to gold plate tarnishing.
Many beauty products, toning shampoos, medicated face washes, hair products, and lotions have ingredients that may react when they touch the outer layer of your gold-plated jewelry.

Some of the common factors that cause tarnishing are:

Pools, Hot Tubs & The Beach: A big yes for you...a big NO for your jewelry. The chemicals used in killing bacteria in pools and hot tubs is more concentrated and can be very harsh on your jewelry. Even the salt in the sea air can affect your piece.

Body Chemistry: This is a bit hit and miss as every person's body is different. It is however a factor that can still cause your piece to tarnish. We have different body chemistry and hormones as individuals and one person's hormone and body chemistry may be milder than another person's own. Medications can also interact and change a person’s body chemistry.
So, the best way to know how your body chemistry will react to this jewelry is to try it out. Generally, it is a perfect match for 90 percent of people while it may not be as vibrant after a few months for the remaining 10 percent.

Getting Sweaty: Our sweat contains a lot of chemicals, depending on our body chemistry or the medications (if any) we take. These chemicals may react with gold-plated jewelry if they're harsh. It's always best to remove jewelry before a workout to avoid tarnishing.

Body Products: Hairspray, perfume, lotions, and sunscreen are major factors that cause tarnishing, and they should be minimized when you're wearing your gold-plated pieces. Always put your jewelry on last and/or if you can, avoid wearing your gold-plated jewelry when you're using these products.

It is always best to remove your jewelry before bed to increase its longevity and avoid breaking the piece during your sleep. That being said, it will not harm the surface of your jewelry if you sleep in it. Pieces like necklaces, bracelets or chains can snag on your nightwear or bedsheets. So, taking your fine jewelry off and wiping it to remove dirt is a great way to ensure it stays brighter for longer.

Regardless of your lifestyle and how careful you are with your jewelry, it does need to be cleaned. With some simple daily maintenance and an occasional deep clean, your piece can retain its vibrancy.

Everyday Maintenance
After each wear, gently remove oils that can transfer from your skin to your jewelry by wiping it clean with a soft cloth that we provide free with each order. If you know you’ve been sweaty that day or think the piece might have product on it (especially sunscreen!), we highly recommend giving it a quick rinse in lukewarm water and then drying it with a soft cloth. Taking your jewelry off and storing it while you sleep will also increase its longevity, as it reduces exposure to air and natural skin oils.

Deep Cleaning
If you know your piece was exposed to large amounts of sunscreen, sweat or any other harmful chemical or product, it’s best to give it a deep clean ASAP (we also recommend giving it a deep clean every dozen wears or so regardless).

Here’s the best way to deep clean your piece:

-Get a bowl of warm water and mix in a touch of mild soap
Soak your piece in the bowl for about a minute
-Scrub your jewelry with an ultra soft! toothbrush, making sure to really get into the gaps where dirt and product like to build up; avoid scrubbing movements as it could scratch.
-Rinse under lukewarm water a few times to ensure soap is absent
-Dry extremely well for storage

We offer a 12 month warranty from the date of purchase that covers manufacturer defects. The following are examples of manufacturer defects:

Spring clasp breaking; Chain disconnecting from the clasp/jump ring; Chain breaking in the middle without force being applied to it (no stretched links).

Items that qualify for the warranty will be repaired free of charge. Our warranty doesn't cover items that were broken with force, such as accidentally pulling on the chain and breaking it. If your item doesn't qualify for the warranty, we may be able to repair it for a small cost. 

Send an email to info@jewelsformen.com with the subject "Warranty Request - Order #xxxx".

Attach clear photos of where the defect is; attach clear photos of the whole item; in the body, please include a message with the short description of how it broke.

Once we receive your email, we'll review it and get you taken care of! 

If your piece is lost within 12 months of the item being received, we're happy to offer a replacement piece at a discounted price. To inquire about a replacement, send an email to info@jewelsformen.com with the subject "Repair Request - Order #xxxx".

We are happy to recreate any piece that has broken, tarnished or lost its shape even after a 12 month warranty period for a small fee.

Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November,December
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.
Add to WishlistBrowse WishlistRemove Wishlist
Shopping cart

Your cart is empty.

Return To Shop

Add Order Note or Gift MessageEdit Order Note